Saturday, August 15, 2015

An iPod Testimony

Have you ever thought it was silly to pray about keys that you lost? You just can't find them, but feel like God probably has more important things to do than help you find something that should have just put back into your purse? 
I've felt that way. God has shown me many different times that He cares about the small things. I will share one of these times with you. (This literally JUST happened). 
Here in Hawaii I don't have a phone. Every now and then I can borrow the one Nathaniel uses but here, my way of communicating has been my iPod. Well on Thursday I had set my iPod to airplane mode so I could let K play on it while I finished my last 15 minutes at the boutique, working. The battery died and after I charged it, the iPod screen would not respond to me touching it. At all. I figured no big deal and hooked it up to my computer. Nothing I tried worked because I was unable to enter the lock code and it was not hooked up to the Internet. I spent probably over an hour on the apple chat with tech support trying to figure it out and we ran into a dead end at every turn. They finally said my only option was to take it into a store and have them troubleshoot it. That would be no big deal except the closest store is about 10 minutes away... If you have a car. That's a little too far of a walk for me. I was so frustrated. I also wasn't sure if I would end up needing to pay for a repair. We really have no money for that. Finally today I had one more idea. I sat K down and told we were going to pray this worked. So we did. 
It looked like it was going to work (putting it in recovery mode and restoring it that way, therefore bypassing the passcode and the iCloud 'find my phone' feature). Then it stopped and said it wouldn't work. I tried twice. I was so bummed. I unplugged it, and guess what?! You guessed it! It works! So not only did I not have to restore it and lose everything on my iPod, but I am positive that God answered our prayer and of course He had a better idea than I did. We quickly sat down again and thanked Him for answering our prayers. I took the chance to encourage K that she can talk to God about everything, even if it seems silly. 

Maybe to some people this seems like no big deal. But right now I feel loved and well taken care of. God cares about what you care about. And He cared about what my broken iPod meant to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment