Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Relentless Pursuit

It's hard to explain, but for a long while now I have felt the need to hold back. My inspiration to write anything (newsletters included) had all but disappeared, and I even felt a bit afraid of it. A couple of months ago a close friend told me that she felt God was saying to me that I shouldn't stop writing. Instantly I felt fear at opening up again but also some excitement. Writing has always been a way that I processed things, but I think at some point I got fed up with processing and just needed to live life for a while. If you have been reading the blog you know last year knocked me back on my heals and the getting back up has been harder and longer than I would have imagined. But tonight, out of the blue while I was standing there doing the dishes that I should have done earlier and cleaning the kitchen so it can get destroyed again tomorrow, the song on my Pandora station caught my ear....

There is no distance 
That cannot be covered 
Over and over 
You're not defenseless
I'll be your shelter
I'll be your armor

I hear you whisper underneath your breath
I hear your SOS, your SOS

I will send out an army to find you
In the middle of the darkest night 
It's true, I will rescue you
I will never stop marching to reach you
In the middle of the hardest fight
It's true, I will rescue you

- Lauren Daigle (Rescue)

This strong sense of being pursued, of being sought after by my Savior, caught me by surprise. Not so much that I was lost, more like I've been going through life with my hand at the plow and my head down watching my feet pound through the dirt, trying to get as much done as possible. But He will come for me over and over. Not only me, but YOU. This is half of why I'm writing this because I feel like there is someone out there who needs to feel this too. Maybe you don't realize you are running, or maybe you have been crying SOS to God for a long time, but He is coming for you. And when you turn and run into His arms he will be your shelter, and your armor, and he will rescue you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment